UMC may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are satisfied with any changes. This policy is effective April 05, 2022.
(i) “I”, “our,” us,” or “we” shall refer to UMC, including its subsidiaries and affiliates and any other entities that share and/or utilize this website.
(ii) “You” or “the user” shall refer to the person or persons using this website.
(iv) “Personal Data” means data about a living individual who can be identified from such data or from such data combined with such other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession.
(v) “Usage Data” means data collected automatically either generated by use of the website or by the website infrastructure itself, such as the duration of a page visit.
(vi) “Cookies” mean small files stored on a user’s computer or device.
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our service to you. While using the website, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personal Data that may be used to contact or identify you, which includes but is not limited to: your name, email address, telephone number, cookies, and usage data. We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and other information that may be of interest to you. However, we will only send such communications to you if you have affirmatively consented to such communications. You may opt-out of receiving any or all of these communications from us at any point by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email that we send.
We may use your Usage Data about how the website is accessed and used. This Usage Data may include information from your computer’s Internet Protocol address (IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
Use of Data
Before or at the time of collecting data, we will identify the purpose or purposes for which the information is being collected. Such purposes may include:
- To provide and maintain our website;
- To notify you about changes to our website;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website;
- To gather analysis or valuable information to improve our website;
- To monitor the usage of our website;
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues; and
- To provide you with news, special offers, and general information about goods, services, and events that we offer, unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- We need it to perform our obligations under a contract with you;
- You have given us permission to do so;
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and is not overridden by your rights;
- It is necessary for payment processing purposes; or
- It is necessary to comply with applicable law.
Retention of Data
Transfer of Data
Your information, including your Personal Data, may be transferred to, and maintained on, a computer located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside of the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we may transfer the data, including your Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
UMC may disclose your Personal Data under the following circumstances:
- If required to disclose by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities;
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of UMC;
- To protect the personal safety of users of the website or the public; and
- To protect against legal liability.
UMC does not sell personal information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, please remember that no method of electronic storage or transmission is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Rights Under the GDPR
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have certain data protection rights. UMC aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you or if you want it removed from our systems, please contact us. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update, or to delete the information we have. Whenever possible, you can access, update, or request deletion of your Personal Data by contacting UMC.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right of erasure. You have the right to have your Personal Data deleted and to be forgotten by UMC.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The rights to be informed and to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where UMC relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Our website does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that you child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification or parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Links to other websites