We are currently seeking a successful, enthusiastic Event Hostess/Coordinator to help fulfill and coordinate events from conception through to completion. The ideal candidate will be committed to providing outstanding customer service and organizing unique, memorable events that are of the highest quality. S/he should be passionate about hospitality, detail oriented, and highly creative. This role requires excellent attention to detail and the ability to juggling multiple responsibilities while overseeing the big picture. If this sounds like an opportunity that excites you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Duties & Responsibilities
• Familiarity with all stages of planning, design, and production of events
• Ability to successfully fulfill all elements within time limits.
• Liaise with sales team, event sponsors and clients to accurately identify their needs and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Excellent communication skills, providing feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders.
• Commitment to innovation; eagerness to share ideas on how to improve services provided and event quality.
• Management and oversight skills to manage facilities and all event details including decor, catering, entertainment, guest lists, transportation, venue preparation, special guest requirements, all necessary equipment, promotional and marketing materials, etc.
• Commitment to compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations at all times.
• Leadership and team skills to clearly articulate event requirements and coordinate activities.
• Cooperative attitude and willingness to help and collaborate with other team members, such as sales, marketing, custodial and maintenance.
• Positive attitude and ability to stay calm under pressure.
• Proactive approach to handling any challenges that might arise and ability to quickly troubleshoot any problems that should arise on the event day.
• Desire for continued improvement, exemplified by conducting pre- and post-event evaluations and reporting on outcomes.
• Understanding the complex needs of different events, and diverse clients.
• Planning event aspects, such as venue, seating, dining, and guest list.
• Coordinating event entertainment, including music, performers, and guest speakers.
• Issuing invoices and adding additional products to contracts.
• Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors, and managing take-down.
• Anticipating and planning for possible different scenarios.
• Creating sales opportunities for future events during client liaisons and during events.
• Strong communication skills, and the ability to present event ideas and plans to client and vendors.
Requirements & Qualifications
• Proven successful work experience as an event planner or organizer
• Creative, impressive portfolio of previously managed events (e.g. product launches, weddings, board meetings, conferences, parties, corporate events).
• Outstanding time management and communication skills.
• Solid marketing and sales skills and proven ability to build fruitful business relationships.
• Exceptional multi-tasking skills to manage multiple projects independently and consistently.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and familiar with all relevant technology.
• Willingness to submit professional references from previous clients.